Student Resources: DUI & Crime Prevention and More
Children, teens, and young adults can stay safe from increasing risks by knowing the law. Before student drivers get behind the wheel, it's important to learn about the risks of driving under the influence. In addition, there are other things that children and those who look out for them should consider to help keep young people safe. For instance, teens, parents, and educators can all benefit from bullying prevention education.
Driving under the influence is a serious issue that causes numerous deaths every year. Education is regularly determined to be the best form of prevention. When young people are better informed about the dangers of driving under the influence, they can be more likely to drive safely, and there are many resources available to help them learn these lessons. The consequences if they don't can be severe, from legal penalties to the death of themselves or their passengers.
Student Resources: Crime Prevention
Students face increasing risks just by going to school each day. However, numerous organizations now exist to help inform children, teens, and educators of crime prevention strategies. With help, young people can learn how to avoid being bullied or becoming a bully. They should also be taught how to respond if they are being bullied to put an end to this detrimental behavior.
Driving with Pets
When it comes to safety, people aren't the only ones for whom people should have some concern. Pet owners should give some thought to keeping their beloved animals safe, both at home and elsewhere. For instance, pets should never be allowed to ride in a vehicle unrestrained. Always put your pet in a carrier that has been anchored to the seat: This ensures that the animal will be safer in the event of an accident.
Publicized DUI Offenses
Celebrities sometimes commit crimes, just like the general population. However, being in the limelight means that celebrity DUI offenses are often highly publicized. This is where it's important for adults to step in and teach young people that the behaviors of celebrities should not always be emulated. Rather, teens should learn from the mistakes of their idols and not act out these same risky behaviors.
Local Law Resources
For San Diego locals, numerous law firms offer counsel on a wide range of legal themes. In addition to DUI and personal injury practices, you can find numerous capable attorneys focused on environmental, corporate, and disability law, to name just a few specialties. When one finds themselves in need of legal help, whether it be to stand up for their rights or to defend themselves against an accusation, a plethora of resources are available.
- Keeping Children Safe: A DUI Information and Safety Resource: Covering the dangers of mixing alcohol with driving, this site also offers numerous on-topic links to online resources.
- Wizards Who Break the Law: Draco Malfoy: Providing information on various characters from the Harry Potter franchise, Slytherins.com focuses on members of the house that is the site's namesake.
- Music That Nearly Breaks the Law: Metalcore Fanzine maintains a catalog of the artists and musical groups whose lyrics and beats are so good "they should be against the law."
- Found Music Review and Law Advice: Music fans and those seeking attorneys can both find valuable links from this regularly updated, all-in-one information hub.
- San Diego DUI Specialists: Offering legal counsel particularly for DUI offenders, these specialists are well-prepared to assist the uninformed.
- DUI/DWI Foundation: Druge Abuse Resistance Education: An educational foundation offers overviews of DUI-related foundations aimed at children and teens.
- Resources on Diversity and the Law: Toward Healing Racism: Providing numerous links to official resources and organizations focused on bullying and racism, Kent ISD is an educational organization for children and teens.
- Talking to Your Teens about Marijuana: Knowing the Law and Communicating Well: Parents can learn the facts about this "gateway drug" and learn to engage their teenage children in meaningful dialogue here.
- Response to Bullying: Learn the Law and Learn What to Do: Recognizing the nationwide effort toward bullying prevention, Lowrey School and Dearborn School District have created an online database of resources for students, teachers, and parents.
- Advocates for Victims of Violence: Teens and the Law: A center dedicated to ending sexual assault, child abuse, and domestic violence, the AVV focuses here on informing teens of warning signs and legal rights.
- Teacup Treasures: Dog Training Tips and the Law: A dog fanciers' website features extensive information on safe driving with your pet.
- Margate Vet Hospital: Links on Pet Safety, Health, and the Law: Here, pet owners can peruse websites devoted to all aspects of pet care, from driving with them to pet bereavement.
- ASPCA Car Travel Tips: Pets and the Law: The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals offers information on driving with your beloved animals in tow.
- The Law and How to Safely Travel with Your Pets by Car, Plane, Ship or Train: Find tips on all forms of safe travel from the Humane Society of the United States.
- Driving Safe with a Pet: Safety Measures to Meet the Law: The American Humane Association offers tips on bringing a dog or other pet in your vehicle.
- NFL Players To Watch Out For: From DUI to Super-Contract Ransoms: In-depth articles and surveys of the NFL landscape look at players who have engaged in risky behaviors.
- Responses to the Problem of DUI Offenses: In a thoughtful consideration of the DUI problem in the United States, this in-depth article analyzes responses in the media, including coverage of celebrity DUIs.
- Celebrity or Not, a DUI is Unacceptable: Mothers Against Drunk Driving addresses the publicized DUI offenses among celebrities.
- Media Coverage of the Celebrity DUI: This scholarly treatment weighs the effects of publicizing celebrities' DUI offenses.
- Drunk Driving Prevention: Advertising Against DUI Offenses: Read about the trials and successes of the "Drunk Driving Prevention" campaign, including the role of celebrities.
- DeLano & DeLano: This San Diego-based law team specializes in environmental law, protecting natural resources alongside responsible development.
- Stoel Rives Law LLP: With offices in San Diego and elsewhere throughout the United States, Stoel Rives Law Firm focuses on corporate, energy, environmental, intellectual property, labor and employment law.
- San Diego Elder Law Center: A San Diego-based law center for the elderly, disabled, and special-needs communities, this law team has served the community for more than 30 years.
- Kahn Tax Law: The law offices of Jeffrey B. Kahn P.C. focus on trusts and estates, probate, tax, and estate planning.
- Albertson & Davidson Trial Laywers: A San Diego-based firm focuses on estate, trust, and probate law.